Be very careful that you do not catch the spring on the
cable - this will fray the cable and require that it be replaced!
spring removed, remove the white cup, push down to unhook the
throttle cable, and you now have access to the needle and
Reverse the process for reassembly.
Another procedure that you can use:
1. Make sure your throttle lever is at idle - so that you
have the most amount of cable available to work with.
2. Hold the top carb cover plate in your hand with the throttle cable
between your fingers.
3. Using your other hand pull the spring back
until it is full compressed.
4. Push the throttle cable in, turn the slide upside down and push
on the needle, this will dislodge the white cup, now slide the
cable sideways out of it's retaining hole into the hole on the
side of the carb slide, the unit will now come apart.
ATTENTION: the needle and clip go BELOW
the white plastic retaining cup
NOT above it!!!!!!!
Reassembly - make sure to install your needle and clip BEFORE
1. Compress the spring using both hands, when fully compressed
around the spring and plastic cup and pinch the throttle cable
and index finger.
2. With the piston in the opposite hand, insert the end of the
through the elongated slot in the bottom of the piston and slide
toward the center of the piston.
3. Seat the cable end into the bottom of the carb piston by pulling on
it, hold tension on the cable, and slowly sliding the spring cup
into the body of the carb. Position the plastic cup onto its guide
bars and allow it to slide to the bottom of the carb piston.
Once you master the procedure it only takes a minute to check your
needle and clip.